Monday, November 29, 2010

Five Mysteries for Me~

        Now, I was still learning English and adjusting the cultures in Canada. I found a mystery for me when I talked with them, the people did not want to tell me about their age. Somebody told me that was a rude way to ask people in a conversation; people usually talk about the weather. For me, tell others my age is not a secret and we are interested in talking about the constellation.
Another mystery is also about conversation, although foreigner liked to ask how are you, they not really ask people’s health. The only way they did because they want to show nice for others and it is easy to start talking. I felt confused and little embarrassed when I heard it in the beginning. However, I had adjust to use it instead of hello. Third, Canadian liked to eat fresh food. I had no idea when my homestay father prepare fresh mushroom for me. I really like mushroom but I could eat it before cooked. In addition to, they like cold food, for example, sandwich, salad, and milk. I tried before, obviously, I gave it up. Except salad, everything I needed to cook it before I eat it. Next, we usually like to prepare surprise for friends, such as visit friends’ homes before give a notice. However, people usually give the person who they are going to meet a notice. Then the person can arrange his schedule and wait his friends at home. The encounter for them is not a scare more than a surprise. The last special situation for me is people did not send money in festival. They thought it is impolite to send money; it looked like people do not care about what they send as a gift, it was only a task. People usually go to market to choose the present by themselves; they spend time and thought in the gift. What they want to convey was the love. There were five mysteries for me that was quiet different and seemed unusual in my society.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment